Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sesame Noodles & Pan Pizza

The Food Nanny
June 23 & 24
Meal 1: Cold Sesame Noodle Salad with Grilled Tofu and Spring Rolls
  • Remove the tofu to a cookie tray and warm it in th eoven at 350 until hot--less than 10 minutees, or eat cold.
  • Meanwhile toss the noodles and vegetables, then serve with the tofu.
  • Eat the spring roll cold. If you like drizzle a little soy sauce on it.

Meal 2: Grilled Zucchini and Kale Pan Pizza & Mixed Greens

  • Warm the pizza in the ovn at 350 until warm and th emozzarella melts. Then run a knife around the outside of the dish. Transfer it to a plate and enjoy with the salad on the side.

Local Notes

Just a quick note on onions. These indespensables are the backbone of all my cooking and I am proud to say that since last July we have only a few weeks or so using non-local onions. I bought 200 lbs. from Blue Moon before the market ended last fall and they kept us fat and happy all winter until about Mid May. Last week I began using green onions as our mainstay onion with store bought organics in the interem. I was delighted to see Jeff Meyer at market last week with big gorgeous Walla Walla Sweets at his stand and I stocked up using some on the pizza sauce along with some of the last few canned tomatoes from last season. I'll hoard more onions this week for you all and try to give them a feature billing of some kind. Hmmm?

No comments: