Some say once you're gone you're gone forever, and some say you're gonna come back.
Some say you rest in the arms of the Savior if in sinful ways you lack.
Some say that they're comin' back in a garden, bunch of carrots and little sweet peas.
I think I'll just let the mystery be.
-Iris DeMent “Let the Mystery Be”
Oh Daniel,
Your death is a mystery to me.
You knew so many of us. Yet you left us completely stunned. What had we missed?
What was paining you?
You looked worn, harried the last day I saw you. I assumed that it was the normal toll of business.
At our parting moment though, your eyes each looked into a different part of space.
Please pardon me for my shallowness, my self involvement.
I last saw you on Saturday the 24th. Your birthday I later learned.
I imagine the impossibility of knowing the depths of a person’s innermost self and then I consider knowing yours.
So, where does the blame fit?
Perhaps right next to the reason.
I looked around at your memorial.
We are the people who should apparently all know and work with each other aren’t we?
Did you perhaps bring us together for a reason better than sadness?
What I can do?
Be braver, for life is short, so make things happen, like amends, even when it’s tough.
Be active with others. Work hard, but also work with friends.
Be nicer. You were a helluva guy.
Your death will always remain a mystery to me.
-Yours
P.S. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlaoR5m4L80&NR=1
No comments:
Post a Comment